La Carta Workshop - A Latin American Letter
A Music Workshop led by musicians from South America which will inspire participants, delve deeper into the musical heritage, share rhythms, techniques and styles and create new music from new musical experiences. The workshop will be delivered by Francisco Carrasco and members of the cast of La Carta – a show being presented in the evening at the Hothouse.
The workshop will
- Present musical styles prevalent in Latin America and not as well known in the UK. -
- Encourage skills development by presenting different rhythms and melodies and allowing the participants to experience and learn through playing together. -
- Share techniques and arrangements as well as background to the musical heritage. -
- Give the participants an opportunity to create musical pieces using their new knowledge and understanding of the musical styles.
Praise for Francisco Carrasco
- "Francisco is an exciting international artist, who mixes his understanding of his musical roots with his knowledge of Carnival, performance and productions, festivals and carnivals. He has performed with my Zimbabwean reggae outfit Harare Dread and produced a wide portfolio of Artistic work." PAX NINDI FRSA, Creative Director, UK Carnival Centre
- "… he inspires with the impact he makes on the individuals both through his engaging personality and his enchanting musicianship." EUGENE SKEEF, FRSA (South Africa)
The main La Carta show will be taking place in the evening, visit the event page to find out more.
Tickets for the workshop cost £10 (£15 with a ticket for the evening performance).
To book your place on the workshop, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01524 831 997.