Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6pm
Women in Music Network: Sharing Stories and Experiences
More Music is proud to host the third in our series of network meetings for female music leaders on the 25th January 2017, 6pm - 8pm at More Music.
We are pleased to announce that Sarah Fisher will be our special guest speaker who will be delivering a mini workshop and sharing her story with us.
Sarah Fisher explains: "I'm a musician with a disability, who also teaches. I'm a percussionist and pianist and over the last few years have developed my own way to teach where my disability doesn't hold me back. My approach is called 'A way not The way'. Through a mini workshop and sharing my story and work I will demonstrate a way to lead where we can still achieve a high level of musicianship regardless of ability.”
As part of More Music’s workforce development series, the ‘Women in Music’ network has been developed with the aims of providing a forum for female music leaders to share experiences, opportunities and best practice and also as an opportunity to strengthen our links with female music leaders from across the North West .
The Women in Music Network aims to provide opportunities for female music leaders to
- To network with individuals and organisations working across the North West
- To feel part of a network of female musicians
- To explore and contribute to the female musician’s agenda in the North West
- To feel inspired and supported
- To gain confidence, learn new skills and develop new ideas
- To be part of a long term change for women in music
- To develop methods/strategies and tools to challenge and effect change for female musicians in the NorthWest.
Please book your free place on Eventbrite to confirm your attendance.