Fri 10 February 2017, Doors 7.30pm
Three Cane Whale
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE OF THIS GIG HAS CHANGED FROM THE PREVIOUSLY ADVERTISED 11 FEBRUARY IN OUR EVENTS BROCHURE TO **10 FEBRUARY** DUE TO A SCHEDULING CONFLICT
In association with Smaller Rooms
A multi-instrumental acoustic trio based in Bristol, UK, featuring members of Spiro, Get The Blessing and Scottish Dance Theatre. As intricate as a team of watchmakers, as spare as a mountain stream, the music encompasses both a cinematic sweep and an intimate delicacy, in which "the aroma of muddy leaves and old nettles is almost tangible” (The Observer).
Their eponymous debut album was chosen by Cerys Matthews as one of her Top Five Modern Folk Albums; second album Holts And Hovers was fRoots Editor’s Choice Album of 2013, one of The Observer’s "Hidden Gems Of 2013”, and one of Acoustic Guitarist magazine’s 20 Essential Folk Albums.
Adrian Utley of Portishead produced their latest album ‘Palimpsest’, released this year.
Praise for Three Cane Whale
- ‘Wonderful’ fRoots
- ‘Impressively original’ The Guardian
- ‘Mesmerising’ Q
- ‘A magical journey’ Songlines
- ‘Simply beautiful’ R2
- ‘Their delicate acoustic constructions combine ancient folk and contemporary classical ideas to weave an entirely original new musical tradition‘ (Bristol 24/7)
Tickets cost £10 (£8 concessions) in advance and £12 (£10 concessions) on the door on the night
They can be bought in three ways:
- ONLINE - via this webpage, click on Book.
- BY PHONE - Call More Music on 01524 831997 or Morecambe Visitor Information Centre on 01524 582808.
- IN PERSON - At More Music or Morecambe Visitor Information Centre.
HALF PRICE TICKETS FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS - There are 20 half price tickets available for West End residents with LA3 or LA4 postcodes (Half price of the full on-the-door price). Proof of address needed.