Saturday 19 Nov, 11am-2pm
Making Music On Your Laptop and iPad
***EVENT POSTPONED TO LATER DATE TBC***
This course is an introduction to using Digital Audio Workstations (DAW’s) on iPads and/or Laptops (both Macs and PCs) - with a particular focus on using "Garage Band” on the iPad and "VIP Studios” on Laptops. The main focus will be on using the software practically and creatively in music teaching and leading sessions. There will be two tutors leading the day to allow the sessions to evolve in a way that best meets the needs of the participants.
What to expect:
- Clear demonstrations with practical hands on sessions.
- A chance to use your iPad or laptop and become comfortable with it.
- A structure that is flexible enough to meet everyone’s needs.
- Choose your own pathway through the day, with sessions suitable for both beginners and more experienced users.
What we’ll cover:
- Launching the app and the layout
- What the various buttons and controls do
- Using loops
- Using external MIDI controllers (keyboards)
- Audio Interfaces - what are they and how to use them
- MIDI inputting and 'playing in’ pieces
- + More
What to bring:
Participants are encouraged to bring their own personal iPad or Laptop (Mac or PC) to the session. The more familiar you are with the device you use on the day, the more you will get out of the session and the easier it will be to continue using and developing your skills at home.
We do have a few devices available for use if you do not have a Laptop or iPad that you can bring with you. Please state when booking if you will need to use one of our devices on the day.
Tickets £15 (£7.50 concessions).
Bursaries are available for students and those who are unemployed, please contact email@example.com for more information.