Smaller Rooms and More Music present
Support from Bill Lloyd and The Lakeland Fiddlers
Praise for Sam Lee:
- "This Mercury prize nominee continues to shake up the folk scene with this second album packed with drama and surprise. Sam Lee again concentrates on traditional songs he learned from Gypsy travellers; they are performed in no-nonsense, almost crooned style, but with startlingly original settings...Surely one of the albums of the year.” (Robin Denselow, 5*, The Guardian, March 13, 2015 (UK))
- "Sam Lee’s musical archeology might sound like a worthy project of interest only to be-jumpered folkies, yet this outstanding record deserves a wide hearing…no one is as daring as Lee…there’s never been a record quite like this.” John Bungey, 4*, Moj
- "Lee’s baritone vocals are supple rather than wild, delivering time-honoured tales of love, estrangement and betrayal with engaging intimacy. A wonderfully inventive creation.” Neil Spencer, The Observer
- "Sam Lee is Britain’s most inventive folk singer. An important and powerful album from a remarkable singer’ Simon Broughton, 4*, London Evening Standard
- Click on Book below to buy online via our official ticket agents Brewery Arts Centre. Online tickets will add a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction.
- Call 01539 725133 to buy over the phone. There is a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction.
- Phone and online bookings will close at 6pm on the day of the gig, any remaining tickets will be available on the door at The Hothouse.
- You can buy tickets in person from our venue the Hothouse, The Brewery Arts Centre and from Morecambe Visitor Information Centre in the Platform.