Sun 24 May 7pm
Orkestra Del Sol
Featuring Baybeat Streetband
Orkestra del Sol’s explosive reinvention of global brass band music takes diverse influences – ska, porro, calypso, funk and a range of UK dance styles. They create a living, breathing polka-ing, pogo-ing honkstep for the 21st century. Trumpet, trombone, saxes, accordion, fiddle, two drummers and the epic bass of the sousaphone conspire perfectly to create soaring horn lines and beautifully layered harmonies, driven by an uncompromising rhythm section who deliver the meanest grooves with a twinkle in their eye!
Orkestra del Sol’s riotous live shows are brimming with wit and imagination – bursting with anarchic humour, wildly skilful musical arrangements and a roguish sense of theatre. 8 years’ experience of performing together has honed Orkestra del Sol’s confidently original style. They have charmed audiences all over Europe and Australia as well as at festivals in India, and China. Orkestra del Sol are well renowned for their universal appeal and ability to draw hugely diverse audiences with their masterful blend of bombastic brass, good-time honkstep and tongue-in-cheek humour.
As well as playing at the Hothouse in the evening, Orkestra Del Sol will also parade around Morecambe Promenade and the West End from 2pm until 4pm.
Praise for Orkestra Del Sol
- "Magnificent” The Independent
- "Utterly captivating” Songlines
- "Brilliant musicians” Time Out
- "You cannot take your eyes off these characters for a second, for fear of missing another hilarious interaction or quirky gesture” Three Weeks
Find out more
Tickets are available for £5. Morecambe West End residents can buy tickets for £2.
You can buy tickets in advance in three ways:
- Click on Book below to buy online via our official ticket agents Brewery Arts Centre. Online tickets will add a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction.
- Call 01524 831 997 to buy over the phone. There is a booking fee of 50p per transaction for card purchases.
- You can buy tickets in person from our venue the Hothouse and from Morecambe Visitor Information Centre in the Platform.