More Music has always been committed to working to maximise access and inclusion for all young people and is currently one of 24 organisations in the UK running a major Youth Music funded project. Our project is focused on Lancashire, ensuring regional coverage through partnership working with Brighter Sound and Soundwave and includes:
- Strategic partnerships particularly within the new Music Education Hubs
- Networking and training for musicians
- Delivery of strategic projects focused on areas of low activity
- Advocacy and a strengthening of the whole sector.
- Links to the long term projects run at the Hothouse that engage hundreds of young people in regular musicmaking.
We have developed and delivered a number of successful projects working with young people in challenging circumstances over 2013 and 2014. We have worked in Burnley, Morecambe, Skelmersdale, Blackpool, Preston, Brierfield, Blackburn, Fleetwood and Clayton Le Moors, engaging not only with young people but developing the skills of new music leaders in those areas. We plan to continue projects in libraries in Blackpool, Skelmersdale and Brierfield to establish a legacy for music making in those centres.
For more information, call 01524 831997 and ask to speak to Pete Moser, or email email@example.com.