The basic charge out rate for our Music Leaders is £85 per hour and we offer significant discounts for longer periods. But whether you're looking for a day of dragon dancing for KS2s or a term-long performance project for your whole school, we want to give you the best experience possible for your money.
How can we save money?
It's very common for small schools to 'buddy-up' - combining classes or year groups and splitting the costs. Other schools have subsidised projects from their own budgets and asked parents to contribute a small amount each week for their child to participate. Alternatively, you could consider applying for funding. There are many sources of different shapes and sizes, depending on the scale, number of parters, match funding available.
Where can we apply?
The following is a list of some that schools we know have applied to in the past. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list but it is a good starting point.
- Children in Need - supports projects in areas of deprivation or for children with special needs or additional needs
- Paul Hamlyn Foundation - supports innovation in pedagogy to improve learning in and out of school
- Big Lottery Fund - details several strands of funding that are available to schools
- Learning Exchange - hosts a comprehensive list of possible funders
- Esmeé Fairbairn - funds projects that demonstrate a positive change in people's lives
- Lancaster District CVS - often has smaller pots of money that can be accessed for local projects
- Association of Charitable Foundations - details a long list of potential funders depending on your circumstances
- The Music Directory - lists various opportunities that arise throughout the year
New opportunities arise all the time so if there's nothing applicable to you above, or if you'd like discuss how we might co-operate to complete a funding application, please don't hesitate to get in touch.