- Ideal for: Ages 8 – 80, all abilities and experience
- Takes place on Tuesdays, 6.30pm-8.30pm (6.30pm-7.30pm for beginners)
- Takes place at: The Hothouse, Morecambe
- Music Leader: Matt Robinson, Ben McCabe and Luke Dillon
- Cost per session: Pay what you can!
- Click here for session dates
Come and join the en-mass community street band, Baybeat. Try something new and try out exciting percussion/drums or take up the trumpet, saxophone or tuba and make some noise. Then, head out around the county with us with performances to thousands of people throughout the year.
We’re on the look out for:
- Drummers and percussionists - of any age or ability, from complete beginners to experienced players
- Brass and woodwind players - of any age or ability, no experience required at all. We have a small selection of instruments which you can borrow and play and we can teach you the basics.
In 2018 Baybeat will play at:
Sat 18 May - Slyne with Hest Village Fayre
Sat 19 May - Highest Point
Sun 20 May - Highest Point
Sat 2 June - Bentham Carnival
Sat 9 June - Aspatria Gala
Sat 16 June - Another Fine Fest, Ulverston
Sat 23 June - Catch the Wind Kite Festival
Sun 24 June - Catch the Wind Kite Festival
Sat 7 July - Carnforth Carnival
Sat 14 July - West End Festival
Sun 5 Aug - Encontro International Streetband Festival, Glasgow
Sun 12 Aug - Morecambe Carnival
Fri 7 Sept - Opening Lakes Alive Festival
Sun 23 Sept - Lancaster Expo
Baybeat is More Music’s longest running project playing since 1993. Baybeat has performed around the country entertaining crowds at a vast number of parades and festivals creating a carnival atmosphere wherever they go.
Bringing the sunshine and festival spirit to rainy outdoor events for 23 years
Winner: Best Street Band - Morecambe Carnival 2016