We believe in the power of music and culture to transform people's lives. We produce work that is truthful and has a powerful artistic aesthetic. We make events that are beautiful and joyful. We use many art forms with a focus on music and take our work out across the region and country and onto the international stage.
We believe in making new original work and developing a sense of place by working with and in communities. We are an organisation that moves with the changing times, is flexible, resilient and able to adapt to external forces, while retaining a core mission and set of values
We will share this work, and the new work being made at the Hothouse – an inspirational place to visit and enjoy. Our aspirations for development show an organisation that is visionary and searching for new opportunities for partnership working.
View or download PDFs of our term brochures here: http://issuu.com/more.music/docs
More Music aims to build confidence and spirit in individuals and communities through creative arts activities, particularly music
Access: To create opportunities for people from across the social spectrum including people from diverse communities and those with different needs
Imagination: To create new and innovative work of the highest quality that gives individuals an opportunity to discover and share their unique voices
Community: To lead on work that transforms communities and develops practice that uses the arts to transform people's lives
More Music is a community music and education charity based in the West End of Morecambe, working throughout Lancashire, the North West and internationally. We provide a year round programme that covers a breadth of music making activity involving people of all ages and all backgrounds. We are one of the longest running and most highly regarded community music and education organisations in the UK.
More Music has a history of over 20 years of national and international projects that demonstrate flexibility, belief, imagination, partnership and connection.
- 1993 Founded by Artistic Director Pete Moser
- 1996 Joined by Development Director, Kathryn MacDonald and establishment of the Hothouse
- 1999 Creation of the Lancashire Youth Music Action Zone
- 2001 Constituted as an independent organisation with charitable status
- 2006 Awarded the prestigious art06 award by Arts Council England in recognition of the vital role the organisation has played in helping build and transform communities
- 2007 Purchase of the Hothouse and ambitious 5 year business plan
- 2011 NPO status achieved, staff restructure, Phase One redevelopment of Hothouse
- 2012 Start of the Youth Music "Music Inclusion” programme with Music Education Hubs
- 2013 20th anniversary celebrations include 2 day Kite Festival and Frontierland
- 2013 Completion of Hothouse creating a performance space and 5 music studios
- 2013 Independent evaluation of More Music impact over 20 years commissioned
- 2014 NPO funding awarded by Arts Council England 2015-18
- 2015 Youth Music 3 year strategic programme funding awarded
- Charity Number: 1097929
- Company Registration Number: 4189582
- Chief Executive: Peter Moser
- Registered Office: The Hothouse, 13-17 Devonshire Road, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA3 1QT
- Telephone number: 01524 831997
- Fax number: 01524 419653
- Bank: The Co-operative Bank plc, 1 Balloon Street, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M60 4EP
- Auditors: Coleman, Whittaker and Roscow, 20 Mannin Way, Lancaster Business Park, Caton Road, Lancaster LA1 3SW